28 February 2010

More about couches and our washer and dryer

So after I thought the couch search had ended, my mom happened to come across a couch/loveseat pair on eBay a few towns over. The are just a traditional style set, cream in color. Nothing special or fancy...just cheap. The bidding started at $135. At that price, what the heck! I waited until about 30 minutes from the auction's end and put in my highest bid at $150. In the last ten minutes, someone tried to out-bid me, but I guess they gave up around $147 and I won the pair for $150. I am going to go pick them up tomorrow evening. I had to rent a cargo van from U-Haul. But even with the truck rental, we'll still come in way below budget. We'll save for new furniture after this temporary move to Texas.

After much research, we decided on our washer/dryer pair and Chris went out to Best Buy last night and bought them!! We decided on...
LG 3.5 cu.ft. Front Load Washer

LG : WM2010CW 27in Front-Load Washer with 3.5 cu. ft. Capacity White

LG 7.0 cu.ft. Super Capacity Electric Dryer

LG : DLE1310W 27in Super Capacity Electric Dryer White

I am super excited to try them out! Chris set up delivery for March 13th. The machines received the best reviews of all similar machines in their price range. We did go a bit over budget, but we purchased warranty/maintenance plans for both and they are high efficiency/energy star appliances, so we'll save in the long run, I hope! And since we were so incredibly under budget for the couches, we coming out about even right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment