24 February 2010

It's all coming together

Everything is set...
We have an address, the movers are scheduled, and the plane tickets for Liam and I have been booked!
Chris went yesterday to check out our house. It's in the first group of homes on the street, about 4 blocks from the library, and close to the BX and commissary. I am really excited. He took these two pictures, which I of course forwarded to everyone I know.

Yes, there was snow in San Angelo. These were taken around 2 in the afternoon and by dinnertime, the snow was pretty much gone.

I also made our first BIG purchase for the house. A 42" Panasonic Plasma TV!
Panasonic VIERA C1 Series TC-P42C1 42-Inch 720p Plasma HDTV

It was my "housewarming, thanks for working so hard and making the money to buy this" present for Chris. It was shipped out today and should be here by March 1st at the latest. I spent a couple of weeks researching. I compared LCD vs. plasma. And looked at prices and sizes and learned all sorts of stuff I never wanted to know about TVs.

I also went shopping for couches today with my mom and Liam. I really thought I had found a nice pair, but we hadn't planned on buying new couches (I've been scouring Craigslist for weeks) and they were twice the amount we had set aside in our budget. So we made the decision to cancel the order and go with a small used (but excellent condition) sectional I found across town on Craigslist. I definitely think it's the right choice. We still need to buy a washer and a dryer when we get down there and by staying in our budget we won't have to skimp on those.

Speaking of Craigslist, I have also been looking for little things for Liam to have in the new house. I found this giant Elmo chair!
Elmo Giggle & Shake Chair by Marshmallow

He is going to be crazy over it. The lady even threw in an Elmo throw pillow which I let Liam have in his bed now.

And because we chose to stay in the budget with the couch, I think I may reward myself with a food processor...and maybe a few little decorative things...we'll have to wait and see.

With just a little over two weeks until we are on our way to Texas, I am still in a state of disbelief that this is finally happening. And really, with such short notice, I don't think it will feel real until we arrive at Goodfellow and get the keys to our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment